Continuous Improvement Goals
School Improvement Goals 2021-2022
Literacy Improvement Goal
Achievement: We will teach students to apply close reading strategies in order to locate and analyze textual evidence and use vocabulary learning and word solving skills in grade-level complex texts. Students will be proficient or advanced OR make 10% growth on a locally designed common grade-level assessment given two times a year.
- R.1 Cite textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly/implicitly and make logical inferences.
- L.2 Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words or phrases in grade-level reading and content; use context clues, analyzing meaningful word parts, consult general and specialized reference materials, and apply word solving strategies.
Math Improvement Goal
Achievement: Students will be proficient or advanced on locally designed common grade-level assessments in the following essential standards:
7th Grade Math
- 7.NS.A.1.D Apply properties of operations as strategies to add and subtract integers.
- 7.NS.A.2.C Apply properties of operations as strategies to multiply and divide integers.
8th Grade Math
- 8.F.B.4 Construct a function to model a linear relationship between two quantities. Determine the rate of change and initial value of the function from a description of a relationship or from two (x, y) values, including reading these from a table or from a graph. Interpret the rate of change and initial value of a linear function in terms of the situation it models, and in terms of its graph or a table of values.
Student Engagement Goal
We will create school-wide initiatives that focus on student connectedness, engagement and cultural acceptance so that student perception survey results indicate a decrease by 25% of students who indicate “never” in the following categories on the 2021 Perception Survey:
- My classmates care about me.
- I have one caring adult I can talk to about my problems.
- I enjoy going to school.
- My culture and beliefs are represented in my school.